Modern alternative to Iwidgets?
Add Reply
Petro Kazmirchuk
2024-08-19 16:37:26 UTC
Hi all,
I'm looking for a reasonably modern alternative to Iwidgets:
- must NOT use snit or itcl
- ideally, written without any C code
- ideally, ttk-aware

Do you think that apave could be a decent candidate?
https://aplsimple.github.io/en/tcl/pave/

Any other good candidates?
Thanks in advance,
Petro
Harald Oehlmann
2024-08-20 05:25:38 UTC
Post by Petro Kazmirchuk
Hi all,
- must NOT use snit or itcl
- ideally, written without any C code
- ideally, ttk-aware
Do you think that apave could be a decent candidate?
https://aplsimple.github.io/en/tcl/pave/
Any other good candidates?
Thanks in advance,
Petro
Petro,
I am not aware of any recent work. I can only say, that Tk 9 has visual
improvements and scalability of all items.
Any solution without Tk9 compatibility is IMHO not future proof.

BWidget is not a candidate. It is not ttk and Tk 9 is a work in progress.

apave looks great.

Thanks for all,
Harald
Petro Kazmirchuk
Harald
Harald Oehlmann
2024-08-20 08:47:20 UTC
Post by Harald Oehlmann
Post by Petro Kazmirchuk
Hi all,
- must NOT use snit or itcl
- ideally, written without any C code
- ideally, ttk-aware
Do you think that apave could be a decent candidate?
https://aplsimple.github.io/en/tcl/pave/
Any other good candidates?
Thanks in advance,
Petro
Petro,
I am not aware of any recent work. I can only say, that Tk 9 has
visual improvements and scalability of all items.
Any solution without Tk9 compatibility is IMHO not future proof.
BWidget is not a candidate. It is not ttk and Tk 9 is a work in progress.
apave looks great.
Thanks for all,
Harald
Ok.
apave looks really recent.

If you are looking for a megawidget framework, you may also look to the
work of René Zaumseil. See his ETCL talk in Vienna.

Take care,
Harald